Several UW-Madison faculty and staff use the WiscCal Scheduling Assistant to allow you to quickly schedule meetings with them on short notice. This tool is easily accessible from any location and automatically creates appointments in both your own calendar and the calendar of the person with whom you are scheduling.
How to use the Scheduling Assistant
To access the Scheduling Assistant site, please complete the following steps:
- Click here to access the Scheduling Assistant page, then browse to the name of the person with whom you want to schedule and click on the person's name.
- If you are scheduling a meeting with Dr. Maureen Smith, a direct link to her Scheduling Assistant page is available to the right, as well as under the “Quick Links” section at the bottom of every page on the HIP website (www.hip.wisc.edu).
- Use your UW NetID to log in to the system.
- If you are unsure of your NetID, please contact the DoIT Help Desk.
- You will see the available timeslots. The slots are color-coded:
- Green means the time is available for a meeting and you have no conflicts in your own WiscCal calendar.
- Yellow means the time is available for a meeting, but you have a conflict in your own WiscCal calendar.
- Red means the time is not available for a meeting.
- Blue means that you have already booked a meeting using the Scheduling Assistant during that time.
- Click on the slot that you want to book.
- You will be prompted to enter a reason for your appointment. A simple description here will suffice.
- Click Create.
After you complete the steps above, the time will be added to both your WiscCal calendar and the person with whom you are scheduling a meeting. You will also receive a confirmation email.
How to cancel your slot
If you need to cancel a slot for which you signed up, complete the following steps:
- Complete steps 1-3 above.
- Click on the blue slot for the time that you want to cancel.
- Click the checkbox on the next page that says, “Yes, I wish to cancel this appointment,” then click Cancel this Appointment.