HIP supports an informal lunch seminar called "AQORN" (Access, Quality, and Outcomes Research Network) that is open to the University of Wisconsin faculty, staff, and students interested in health services research. Attendees typically provide the presenter valuable feedback about their "work-in-progress," be it a research idea, conference presentation, or manuscript under development.
Students enrolled in the UW Certificate in Clinical and Community Outcomes Research can enroll in the AQORN seminar for credit. To receive one hour of seminar credit, students must do the following:
- Give a presentation about their research at an AQORN meeting
- Attend 10 AQORN sessions (including their own presentation). If there are not 10 AQORN sessions in a single semester, students should be prepared to attend additional AQORNs outside of the semester in order to complete the credit.
- Make sure that their attendance is recorded during the session.
- Participate in the discussions.
- Complete a guided summary of each of the sessions attended and send them to the ICTR coordinator.
For more details on attending AQORN seminars for credit, see the "Seminar" information in the curriculum for the Certificate in Clinical and Community Outcomes Research, available on the ICTR website.