To transform healthcare delivery and population health across the state and nation through health systems research that partners University of Wisconsin faculty with healthcare and community organizations.
HIP is a campus-wide program based within the UW-Madison School of Medicine and Public Health. HIP encompasses:
- A community of investigators, staff, and trainees committed to conducting partnered research to improve health and health equity
- Partnerships with healthcare and community organizations dedicated to achieving a common vision of improved service delivery through innovative interventions and rigorous evaluation
- A model of research with partnering organizations that ensures that high-priority questions are asked and answered in a useful way and that the learnings are shared to support organizational change efforts
- Extensive and easily-available data resources that support both high-quality research and evidence-based decision making for health
- An outstanding virtual environment that supports collaboration with colleagues across the nation